Chocolate Pudding And Cream
This recipe is a desert in disguise, while it doesn't contain any greens (shame, shame) it does have a good dose of antioxidants and nutrients. It is also has a high protein content and some fat for those worried about shrivelling up. Naturally, it is suitable for children, just watch the chilli! Serves 2 adults and a child.
- 400 grams silken tofu (long shelf life stuff also works)
- 4 X heaped tbs raw cacao
- 4 X pitted medjool dates
- 2 X tsp vanilla/almond extract
- 2 X tbs peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli/paprika
Toppings are fun, I used cacao nibs, blueberries, vanilla cashew cream and pistachios as toppings, but please feel free to use whatever you've got, go nuts!
- Put all ingredients into a blender and let it spin... If your blender isn't an incinerator, then soak the dates for 20 minutes.
- Place in fridge for minimum of 4 hours to allow ingredients to mingle.
Vanilla Cashew Cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 - 1 cup filtered water depending on desired thickness
- 1 - 2 medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Soak dates for 20 min
- Soak cashews for 2 hrs
- Blend, baby, blend